stab sweetly.

June 22, 2009

i tried needle felting for the first time last night. granted, all i've produced so far is a furry purple turd. but, my was it fun.

i didn't really believe that all you do is poke wool with a needle. i had to see for myself. of course there's a lot more artistry involved, but just plain poking made a delightful little purple poo! i can't wait to attempt grafting on a head or legs or something.

okay, i may also be swayed by the image of rainbow piles of soft wool balls lining the walls of my studio... but who wouldn't be? 




[all these lovely soft colors are available at flightsofwhimzy.]

stabbing! it's the perfect pastime!

2 notes:

  1. I have to say, I'm particularly attracted to "Canary."

    Three cheers for needle-felting, I've always wanted to try it, but I'm such an uber-klutz in the base case, I'd miss the wool constantly and end up with a million tiny holes in my hand.

    Good luck! I can't wait to see what you make..

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks tilliellie, that's so sweet!

    i have stabbed myself a few times, but so far it's no worse than stabbing myself with a regular needle (which i do constantly). the barbs are up high, not at the tip like a fishhook.

    loving the new stuff in your shop, by the way!

    ReplyDelete