( in pictures )

January 9, 2012




i thought i'd share the renderings of our future house.
lots of details have changed since these were completed.
but still, when my excitement bubbles over,
 i can look at them and step into our space.

large open windows for tons of light and air circulation.
a covered porch with a fireplace for cool evenings.
( the other side of the fireplace opens into the living room. )
we sourced local reclaimed barnwood for our siding
and cementboard panels for the accents. 

it makes my head spin a little
to think of all that's going to happen in 2012.
it's going to be a wild, wonderful year.
xo.r




12 notes:

  1. I'm inviting myself over when this is done, OK? WOW! It looks absolutely perfect. I love the wood siding. I hope you will share photos as it is being built - I can't wait to see the progress this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness! that looks gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. !!!! wild & wonderful for sure!

    i'm so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's crazy. how amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks beautiful! My husband and I have been in the process of building & finishing a new home for awhile now, and though it can be stressful, it is very exciting to see things as they come together. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and functional. That is a house full of productivity and joy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful place to call home! I love that the outdoor fireplace is shared with the living room and that you're using reclaimed barn wood. It will make all the difference. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks so much everyone for your kind words! there will be many, many more photos to share come spring when we can break ground!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ps kitchen thought.. built-in bread box. note to self for whenever we re-do our own kitchen!

    ReplyDelete